Thursday, April 11, 2013

Shrine to Athena

Y'all may have noticed that I only post pictures of shrines every once in a while. You may also have noticed that this is around the Deipnon and Noumenia. I don't build a new shrine every moon cycle or something like that, rather I choose one shrine that has reached 'complete' status or has had some sort of addition to it around this time to be displayed. For example, my shrine to Athena has recently been completed but the majority of the things on it I have had for about 4 or 5 months. The last two things I got were the candle holder (the orange thing on the lower left corner) and the vase for lustral water (big orange thing)  Modern day house shrines (and no, I'm not speaking of just the standard house shrines like the herm or the shrine to Zeus of the Pantry) are what have to serve as temples until we get some constructed. Everything you see on my shrines that exceeds the basics needed to properly make offerings is there for a reason, and that reason is not decoration. Each medal, each stone, each signet, each piece of jewelry present on a shrine is a thanks to the God or Goddess in question. My shrines have no decorations, just tokens of affection.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Texas
A young man living in North Texas. He is an actor, a Hellenistos, and a proud member of Hellenion.