Monday, April 1, 2013

2013 (Poetry)

Oh baby I know I'm beautiful
I don't need anyone to say it
I've got a mirror
And I've got eyes
I don't need anyone to say it

Oh baby I know I'm beautiful
You just gotta look me in the eye
I know, I know, I know it
'Cuz I'm a 21st Century guy
And now everyone is beautiful
And everyone is pretty

Oh baby I know I'm beautiful
At least, on the outside

We've all got our little problems
But nobody is fucked up
They're just a little different
Yeah, a little different is all

We've all got our little problems
But nobody fucks up
They just, mad a-uh little mistake you see
So give 'em another chance

Oh in the 21st century
Yeah, well, in this day and age.
Nobody is evil or vile, or needs to be disengaged
As long as you aren't hurting someone
Be as self-centered
(egotisticalantisocialarrogantpridefultactlessboorishbrat)
as you want
As long as you aren't making a name for yourself
Why don't you make a style for yourself?
Yeah, because in 2013, everybody is kind of edgy
Yeah, because in 2013, everybody is kind of. . .dark

You look in the mirror and a passer-by says something kind
Over his shoulder
But you don't know anymore, did he mean it?
Positive things aren't appreciated, they are expected
And if you don't say a kind word
You better have not have told the truth

Yeah, because in 2-Oh-Oh-ten-plus-three
Don't tell your truth
It ain't appreciated
Stick to the pleasant lies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Texas
A young man living in North Texas. He is an actor, a Hellenistos, and a proud member of Hellenion.