Friday, March 1, 2013

Why This Exists

I've been pondering and mulling over why this blog exists
Why?
Why.
Why!
It seems, like it is just a journal of sorts that I let people, musings, ponderings, thoughts. Lessons and interpretations that I have on certain things. Why does this exist?

It exists to keep me perfectly honest.

With myself, with my peers, with my fellows.

I've embraced the fact that I am oriented towards the betterment of others, but to better others I too must better myself. I am a teacher, it is the heart of who I am, and nothing delights me more than seeing learning and education take root in a fertile mind, regardless of the subject or the age of the person. However, how can you teach, if you too aren't learning?

By running a blog, by writing and reporting to the world, I am forced to continually learn. Even in slumps like this, the slump I am in right now, I learn. Because I want to, but mostly because I have to.

 Teaching is one of the few things I can do that is utterly fulfilling. It is one of the few things I can do that speaks to something hidden and primeval in me.

I sincerely doubt that I will ever have the degree of mystical experiences that some other bloggers have like Sannion or Ruadhán have. I'm okay with this. If I can teach even a little bit, I will be happy and content. We all have our roles in this thing, and mysticism and transcendental experiences are not what I'm striving for. Maybe they'll happen, maybe they won't, but I do know that I can strive towards bettering myself enough to teach others well and good. 

This isn't to say that I don't have spiritual experiences(my spiritual experiences are why I'm here), but they aren't my focus. I'd rather teach a child the rites due to the Gods than commune directly with Zeus

I've got a ways to go, but I know where I'm going. I don't imagine for a second that it will be an easy trail to follow, but I know where I'm going.

I will get there. 




2 comments:

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Texas
A young man living in North Texas. He is an actor, a Hellenistos, and a proud member of Hellenion.