Thursday, March 21, 2013

Crossroads (Poetry)

We talked for a time
Then we parted ways
I recall a sweet scent
A gentle smile
I was a child then
A scared boy
Afraid of his classmates
Afraid of getting hurt
Alone

You built me up
You gave me hope and strength
Where I found fear and timidity
You lit a fire in a feeble heart
You started an inferno that would
(In its due time)
Consume all. A fire not to be put out
You gave me inspiration where I found stone
You gave me challenge where I found ease

You left me alone
As must happen in the course of life
We parted ways, not out of want
Out of necessity
You showed me joy in failure
What did I show you?

Maybe nothing
Maybe everything

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Texas
A young man living in North Texas. He is an actor, a Hellenistos, and a proud member of Hellenion.